Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baptism in Bethabara!

Today is either the first, or the second most important day of my life. The first one was the day I was baptized; it was an exhilarating event for me! Something altogether new… Growing up Jewish, I didn’t know Jesus, or Yeshua, as we call Him in Hebrew, until I accepted Him and was baptized. It happened together – my meeting Him, and my baptism… So for me, I remember it as an experience which involved all my senses, and incredible warmth, even though it was the middle of winter, and I was soaking wet… Remember, I didn’t plan this baptism; I was just walking down the street, when I met a street preacher… You can read about it in my previous blog entry
The baptism of Jesus
The second most important day is my child’s baptism. That happened today in Bethabara… I must confess, I feel like someone who just climbed Mt Everest… I did it! My child is saved… Can there be a more wonderful feeling in the world? What an incredible sense of relief; to know that your own child is safe from eternal suffering, safe with Jesus forever!

It is my gift to my Savior. I gave it to Him from the bottom of my heart and soul. My child now belongs to Jesus. Even though in the earthly way, I am still the parent, in the spiritual realm, we’re siblings in the Lord!

I am rejoicing!!! J
I love you all, and bid you good-night with a Holy Kiss…

P.S. One funny thing though… Since my child knows Jesus from day one, it seemed that the baptism was somewhat less exhilarating… I don’t think it means anything…. I think it’s just the velocity in which you receive Jesus, or shall I say, whereas mine came as one dose… for my child it has been a daily walk preparing for this moment…

No comments:

Post a Comment