Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Road to Healing

I wasn’t fully sure what it all meant, but the mere recognition gave me the strength to shake off the self-pity, get up, and start looking around again with a fresh view. I started talking to the Holy Spirit again as well, and the Holy Spirit was finally answering me again.

I drew strength from praise and worship music.

At first I kept crying out, sometimes on my knees, for God to pull me out. Then one day, just when something went awfully wrong, and my urge was to get out and sort it out, I heard the Holy Spirit telling me, “I want you to stay home for five days, and do nothing but rest and rejoice in the Lord and in His Hope”. That wasn’t an easy thing to do at all, but I obeyed nonetheless. Things began coming my way right away. The five days were up. I didn’t feel the need so much to run around and sort things out anymore; I felt more at peace… Then I heard the Holy Spirit telling me, “Well done. Now I want you to stop being angry with those who have done you wrong”. The Holy Spirit assured me that I wasn’t required to forgive them, just to stop being angry, so I can stop to suffer… for my sake, not theirs… it took me some days, but I did it. I managed to stop being angry; I kept telling myself that I was doing it for my own sake, so I can be healed, and not for theirs. Don’t get me wrong, I always prayed for them, but my heart was resentful, and I saw them as nothing but wicked.

A flower alone on a cliff
I was on the road the recovery. I felt more and more confident that Jesus was going to pull me out of this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment