Sunday, April 29, 2012

Do you need healing?

When we go through the process of forgiveness, and healing from an injury, often we have to first of all, forgive ourselves. It is often our poor judgment that put us in the position to get hurt in the first place… Maybe someone we trusted, but they proved to be deceitful, or something that we thought was good, and turned out to be bad. A large part of the healing process involves reassurance from Jesus that it wasn’t our fault.

Shame and loneliness


I know this from my own experience too… I felt very guilt that I allowed people to steal from me and lie to me… I had to be told over and over again that I wasn’t expected to foresee someone else’s treacherous acts, before I finally accepted it. Perhaps my eyes just can’t see the evil that resides in people’s hearts… Perhaps my heart wants to remain innocent and only see the light… Yes, I know, I am not that naïve… I don’t walk around blindfolded; but I also don’t want to “get into the head” of every lost and tormented human being. I have confessed my sin of believing lies again and again, and I know God forgave me. I also asked Him to protect me from liars, knowing that I am not very good at it… But I won’t take responsibility for being lied to anymore!

It could be anything, and maybe we actually did do something wrong that brought about disaster. We feel guilty and responsible, and maybe even undeserving of healing. But God wants us to know that He doesn’t see us as guilty, responsible or undeserving of healing. God is compassionate, and I don’t care what all the self-righteous might say… when our child misbehaves and gets injured, we tend to the injury before we tell them off… God is definitely a better parent than we are, so it is pretty reasonable to imagine that God firsts wants to see us healed before He teaches us a lesson…
Put the shame, the guilt and the doubt aside, at least for for a little while. You have been hurt; you need to recover. Your heart needs to recover. Let Him heal you first… Jesus knows best what you need…
Be still, and let your Beloved and Savior heal you. The time for learning lessons will arrive in due course…

That will be your first step to accepting healing and restoration. There are more steps to come, but the essential thing is to first of all, forgive yourself.

I hope and pray you will succeed!

You are beautiful, and Jesus loves you with a pure undying love!

Bidding you good night and beautiful rest in the arms of our Mighty Protector, Jesus Christ,

Alpha Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment