Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Footsteps on sand



I was not born to a family that followed Jesus. In fact, I was born to a family which thought Jesus was a false messiah. I didn’t fit in there at all from a very early age. My life was good, but I was lonely; it was as if nobody but an internal voice spoke my language. I was a very quick learner as a child. I learned to read when I was three years old, and by the time I was 12, I pretty much read every single book in the local library. I was ravenous for books. My mind felt like an unquenchable sponge and I was full of questions. I was very good at science in school and was aware of the uniqueness of the universe, and the depth of the mysteries which we have yet to reveal. I read about nuclear science, and how it didn’t matter how hard the scientists tried to isolate the smallest particle, they always discovered that it too was composed as an intricate system, not unlike our own solar system… I was not satisfied with the answers I was getting at home. I than heard about Jesus from a street preacher, and was curious. I took a book from him, and read it… I didn’t find books like that in my local library, as Jesus was a taboo in the town where I grew up. I was quite intrigued to read about the prophecies and their fulfillments. I was especially impressed with Daniel’s calculations of Messiah’s death in Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined”. It played on my mind and I needed to sort it out.

I later met another street preacher, and accepted Jesus as my savior. My life was never easy. I was estranged to my family, and had to find my own way. The Holy Spirit guided me, but I was young and foolish, and often fell into the traps that the Master of Deception laid in my way… I always wanted to please God, and tried ever so hard to do it. I wanted to win His approval. I very much lacked parental approval. I got myself in order when I grew up a little, and settled down where other Christian believers lived. I did everything right. I spent all my time and energy helping the Congregation and street preaching the Gospel. I did it in a hostile environment. I also volunteered a lot of my time and efforts for the needy and the less fortunate. I wasn’t very well off myself, but God provided all my needs. I thought everything was perfect, and Jesus was my best friend. My house was always full of music, praising God and rejoicing in His beauty. I thought I finally found home.

No comments:

Post a Comment