Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Shepherd’s voice

Just my Jesus and I, in the quiet place; no one else around…

It is safe now! All shields can be lowered. Everything can come out into the light, and be dealt with… There is nothing and nobody to fear, nothing and nobody to hide from. Only Jesus and I…

I can let go of all the emotions I’ve kept inside, all the bad feelings I’ve swept under the rug. I can expose all those nagging doubts, all those troubling thoughts…. I want to be healed. I need help and direction, but most of all, I need comfort!

The Shepherd's voice


“Why do people do bad things to each other?” I ask from the bottom of my aching soul…

“Why do they?” The pain is mutual.

“If only they understood; if only they listened a little better, and cared a little more…”

“Exactly!”

“So what do I do, Jesus? How do I go on?”

“Don’t take your eyes off me, and keep walking! I’m right there with you, until eternity. Follow me and I’ll take you home…”

Life is hard; there is no question about that. People are selfish and insensitive very often, and the love of many has already grown cold. Satan is out there shooting his arrows at anyone who serves the Cross. Pain is the daily bread for so many faithful Christians. We have been warned in advance that it would be like that by Jesus himself.

We are likely to get hurt sometimes, and even fatally wounded. It is sometimes so hard to get up and keep walking, with all the scars that are weighing us down.

But Jesus is with us. He is going to heal you, if you only let him!

Please Jesus, heal me! Take away my pain, and make me whole. Make me a good vessel for your love and for your service. Make me yours completely, and take away everything that is not from you.

Just my Jesus and I, in the quiet place; no one else around… And Jesus is speaking to me softly and sweetly; telling me words of love and encouragement… I know I’ll be alright…

I love you all, my dear readers; and I wish you blessings in the name of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment