Sunday, May 20, 2012

Raising the dead

Yesterday, while I was watering my little window-garden, I noticed something amazing, which I want to share with you.

But, first of all, let me fill you in on the background…

A couple of weeks ago, I bought some new saplings for my window garden. I planted them comfortably, watered them, and wished them all the best from the bottom of my heart. The next day, although it was very hot, I was too busy, and neglected to water them.  The next day,  when I came to check on them, I saw that they were dead. Now, when I say dead, I mean dried-out-beyond-repair-dead, not lying there looking thirsty… It was hopeless!
I felt very bad about it, and began to pray. First, I repented for my irresponsibility and asked God to forgive me. Then, I laid my hands on the little dead plants, and prayed for them to come back to life. I felt a strong faith that this is the right thing to do, and I called them, in the name of Jesus, and by His authority, to be revived and bloom…
For a while, nothing seemed to happen. I kept watering them and believing… After a few days, I noticed that some little shoots have sprung out; and yesterday, this is what I found; the three previously dead plants are now fully alive and blooming!

My revived plant

I know some might say that this is a folly; but for me, who witnessed it all, it is a vivid example to the power of prayer, and the authority we have in Christ.

My revived plant


If we can pray over plants, and revive them; there is no reason why we wouldn’t be able to do it for people too…

My revived plant

Prayer has an incredible power; and when it is unleashed with faith, it can literally move mountains!

As for me, these images of the revived plants fill me with great joy and hope!
Keep on praying, my beloved, for He is near…

No comments:

Post a Comment