Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hibernation in the Lord

I have a confession; recently I’ve encountered a ridiculous amount of outrageous acts by people. It seems that everywhere I go; everybody is on an out-of-control selfish rampage. I’ve never been attacked by total strangers as much as I have in the past few days.

I was praying and asking God to help me, and remove this terrible attack from me. I was feeling very weak and overwhelmed.

I wasn’t getting any answer, and I couldn’t figure out why. I remembered the time we spent together, in my spiritual cocoon, when he healed me before…  and how I emerged from the cocoon feeling like a beautiful butterfly; full of new understandings and insight; free from the pain of the past…

I couldn’t understand what happened. How did I lose favor?

You didn’t lose favor, the Holy Spirit explained to me. You have a blog to write, in which I want you to share my love and my knowledge. You went through this experience before you started writing your blog, and when you wrote about it in your first blog entries, you were remembering… I need you to explain it a little better, to those who never experienced this kind of death-to-yourself before…

I understood, and here I am. I’m in hibernation. What does it mean? It means that the arrows of Satan have wounded me a little too severely, and I need to heal… if you want your soul to heal, you must let it rest. What better place to rest your soul than in the arms of our loving savior, Jesus?

I am going to take a few days off from the world; stay home, and just focus on Jesus. I am going to concentrate only on God’s word, leaving everything else outside, and just rest and recuperate with him. I'm going to share with you my experiences through this process.

The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him


It may be easier for me, since my work is all about Jesus anyway, and I can take my laptop wherever I want and even work from home… I know not everybody can take their work home, but if we really feel overwhelmed by the offence people are capable of causing, it might be wise to try to take that time off anyway…
Ah, I can feel the blessings already at the door…
Stay blessed, and stay tuned!

Alpha Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment