Monday, July 30, 2012

Am I a failure?

Sometimes in our lives we feel like a failure. We do something that we regret doing, and we feel guilty. Our guilt turns to shame, which makes us feel like we have failed.

There is only one thing I can say to that: Don't!

Yes, we all make mistakes. I know I make many... This is precisely the reason why we need Jesus - Because we are all weak, and we are all sinners.

Psalm 14:2-3 tells us:

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

But that doesn't stop God from loving us; in fact, Romans 5:8 tells us that:

...God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Moreover, 1 John 1:9 assures us that even if we make a mistake, not all is lost:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And Romans 8:1 declares that:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

There is a great song by Don Francisco, which illustrates this point perfectly, and I want to share it with you.


There Is No Condemnation
Sittin' by my window on a rainy afternoon
Everything inside my head was playin' out of tune
I was thinkin' of the fool I'd made of me the night before
In front of God and everyone I'd sinned and sinned some more.

I thought of all the things I'd done, I winced at things I'd said
I wallowed in self-pity, I hung my worried head
Right when I was so far down that even up looked wrong
That's when Jesus gave to me the chorus of this song.

He said, Satan the Accuser has been whisperin' in your ear
You just tell him you're forgiven and he's got no business here
'Cause it doesn't matter what you've done
It matters what you'll be
There is no condemnation when the Son has set you free.

Now I could say that right away the sun burst through the clouds
And I just started singin' on the chorus right out loud
But actually I moped around and blew another day
Before I let myself accept the words I'd heard Him say.

He said, Satan the Accuser has been whisperin' in your ear
You just tell him you're forgiven and he's got no business here
'Cause it doesn't matter what you've done
It matters what you'll be
There is no condemnation when the Son has set you free.

So I can't criticize you now if you want to take your time
And cling to all your problems just the way I clung to mine
But now you've got the answer Jesus wanted you to know
He'll take your sin and guilt away if you'll just let them go.
Jesus loves you; you are not a failure, merely human...

Stay blessed, and stay tuned,

Alpha Omega

No comments:

Post a Comment