Thursday, April 19, 2012

Freedom Dance

Surrender! The sweet surrender… To empty one's self, in order to be filled with living water. To be rid of all the waste and residue that accumulated over the years; to be free from the burden of my own emotions, desires and doubts that hindered me all these years.

Suddenly, nothing really upset me anymore. I didn't take offense when someone was rude. I didn't mind so much when something didn't quite work out. I didn't worry about my difficulties or deficiencies. I was touched from the inside by God, and that, for me, was all that mattered.

I rediscovered myself, rediscovered life, rediscovered love, but most of all, I rediscovered my Savior – Jesus Christ.

I thought I knew Him all these years since I first met Him and accepted Him as my redeemer and best friend. Even though I gave Him my life years ago, dedicated my life to serving Him, and even begged Him to make me a vessel of His Will, I only now fully understood, or more correctly – felt – the real depth of His love; only now did I finally comprehend who He really was, and I fell head over heel in love with Him.

Life becomes a delightful excursion when you’re in love with your maker. Creation, in all its glory, becomes a romantic gift from your beloved. You find love notes everywhere you go… The sunshine feels like a soft caress; the birds serenade you in perfect harmony, with the brilliance of multicolor flowers – their fragrance, a special perfume, just for you…

Butterfly


“He hath brought me to the banqueting-house, and his banner over me is love” (Song of Songs 2:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment